Hail Mary, Full of Grace - The Lord [Yeshua] is With Thee
Submitted by BigDaddy on Fri, 08/02/2019 - 21:04
Listened to an old CD series .. where Chuck Swindoll talked about the birth of JESUS .. and the roles of Mary [The Mother of Jesus] and Joseph .. The Husband of Mary and so many "deep thoughts" that only a womman might understand because giving "birth" is so foreign to men .. and as he talked about the “25 Questions For Mary” – By Max Lucado .. I had to recall my Catholic roots and the many, many, many times we prayed the rosary as I grew up .. REMEMBER IF YOU WILL .. Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.
I would guess if you gre up Catholic you'll never forget these words .. nor how many of your "christain friends" in later years would say things like .. WHY DO CATHOLICS "worship" Mary? I never did, but I will say that I always held her in the "highest esteem" as my mother taught us .. for she was THE MOTHER OF JESUS .. and I was never ashamed to tell someone that I always recalled the words in Matthew 7:18 - 18 .. A good tree can’t bear bad fruit. And a bad tree can’t bear good fruit.
You might enjoy reading this .. “25 Questions For Mary”, From Max Lucado’s Book, “God Came Near.”
1. What was it like watching him pray?
2. How did he respond when he saw other kids giggling during the service at the synagogue?
3. When he saw a rainbow, did he ever mention a flood?
4. Did you ever feel awkward teaching him how he created the world?
5. When he saw a lamb being led to the slaughter, did he act differently?
6. Did you ever see him with a distant look on his face as if he were listening to someone you couldn’t hear?
7. How did he act at funerals?
8. Did the thought ever occur to you that the God to whom you were praying was asleep under your own roof?
9. Did you ever try to count the stars with him….and succeed?
10. Did he ever come home with a black eye?
11. How did he act when he got his first haircut?
12. Did he have any friend by the name of Judas?
13. Did he do well in school?
14. Did you ever scold him?
15. Did he ever have to ask a question about Scripture?
16. What do you think he thought when he saw a prostitute offering to the highest bidder the body he made?
17. Did he ever get angry when someone was dishonest with him?
18. Did you ever catch him pensively looking at the flesh on his own arm while holding a clod of dirt?
19. Did he ever wake up afraid?
20. Who was his best friend?
21. When someone referred to Satan, how did he act?
22. Did you ever accidentally call him Father?
23. What did he and his cousin John talk about as kids?
24. Did his brothers and sisters understand what was happening?
25. Did you ever think, That’s God eating my soup?